As we are able to learn more and more about our genetic code and can start to predict potential health risks years ahead, are people ready to hear about it years in advance?
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics has released recommendations that if a person, during genetic testing, is incidentally found to have a life-threatening genetic disease, they need to know about it.
Researchers at Rutgers have collected DNA samples from numerous families that have a single autistic child, in hopes of shedding some light on the disabling disorder.
It isn’t just Republican Members of Congress that have junk theories they attach to pseudo-science. Kevin D. Williamson, a conservative writer for the National Review, thinks based on their offspring, genetics and “evolutionary biology” Barack Obama should have ovaries and that Mitt Romney should owns him in this election, “Like a Boss”.
A study of mutated genes associated with breast cancer shows that there is a wide variety of genes leading to problems.
The environment your ancestors lived in and the different chemicals such as pesticides and fungicides they were exposed to could affect a woman’s ovaries.
As a doctor, I have been consistently taught that you are born with certain DNA and that cannot be changed. But, according to research in the journal Cell, this is not necessarily true.
A newly identified ‘myelation’ site in DNA may lead to a test for ovarian cancer.
Did you ever wonder how man developed so much more rapidly than chimpanzees? Why our IQ’s have dramatically improved? Genetic research may hold clues.
Researchers from University California Davis have identified a new cause of infertility in men – a genetic variation not uncommon in both European and Chinese men.
According to a study out of Boston, the choice of our friends or lovers may not be necessarily all a choice. Could our genes influence whom we choose as friends and lovers?
A researacher at The University of Pennsylvania has found a surprising genetic link to heart failure.
Is it possible that some people just don’t respond to physical exercise? Researchers in Finland believe this may be the case.
- State-Wide Ribbon Cutting Marks Opening Of Jersey Shore Season
- Paper Urges New Jersey Governor Christie To Make Rebuilt Beaches Free
- Consumer Advocate: Scammers Prey On Veterans During Memorial Day
- Jersey Shore Businesses: We’re ‘Stronger Than Sandy’
- 3 Hurt In Apparent Explosion At Coatesville Steel Plant
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta