Garden State Parkway
Workers have begun taking down a fence along the Garden State Parkway near Ocean City, after residents and visitors complained that it was unsightly and of no apparent use.
The Atlantic City Expressway is ready to join the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway in a unique way to target toll cheaters: go after their vehicle registrations.
What appears to be a high speed New Jersey State Police escort of a caravan of luxury vehicles on the Garden State Parkway in 2010 in a YouTube video came to light after witnesses complained about a similar incident in March of 2012 and an internal investigation was launched.
New Year’s Day will bring toll hikes on three area roads, drivers in New Jersey will be hit especially hard.
Starting 12:01am Monday, cameras will be put into use on some seven dozen tollbooth lanes where drivers drop coins into the basket.
The New Jersey Turnpike Authority is worried enough about terrorism on and around the bridge that it is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to build a fence lining the highway there that a spokesman says will improve security.
About half of the Garden State Parkway will be closed to traffic because of Hurricane Irene.
Assemblyman John Wisniewski of Sayreville, NJ thinks one part of his legislation that wasn’t adopted by his fellow New Jersey lawmakers needs another look.
A vigil was held Sunday night for four high school football players killed in a car accident on the Garden State Parkway Saturday.
Counselors were planning to be available to students at the school near Atlantic City on Sunday evening. A candlelight vigil was also scheduled.
The attorney for a man accused of throwing his 3-month-old daughter off a bridge while the child’s mother was at court seeking a restraining order said Monday that he’s hoping to get his client’s bail reduced and may opt for an insanity defense.
A tentative agreement would lower salaries for full-time toll collectors.
The New Jersey Turnpike Authority has postponed today’s scheduled vote on a plan to privatize toll collection on the turnpike and the Garden State Parkway. But the issue is far from dead.
A decision is expected next week on a proposal to privatize toll collection on the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway. On Thursday, State and union officials appeared before an Assembly Committee in Trenton to make their cases.
About half the drivers on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway could soon be paying higher tolls during off-peak hours with their E-ZPasses.
- Marcos Camacho, Notorious 'Kensington Rapist,' Sentenced to 50+ Years in Prison
- Police Searching For Bank Robbery Suspects In Montgomery County
- Corbett: Dedicated To Finding Long-Term Solution For Philadelphia School District
- Brotherly Love: Chefs Compete In MANNA Guac-Off
- Montco Advocates For The Elderly Discuss State Funding Needs
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...