The big issue is education funding, or lack thereof.
The district has closed two dozen schools, it’s banking on salary cuts of an average ten percent from its employees, and it cut central office staff in half. But Superintendent William Hite says there’s still a $242 million dollar budget hole.
Parents are upset that the Philadelphia School District plans to privatize more Head Start slots next year.
The money will go towards enhancing safety and improving facilities at 10 airports.
County-run nursing homes across New Jersey are banding together in hopes of getting extra help to stay in business as government funding continues to be reduced.
Senator Bob Casey says he’ll vote for a ban on assault weapons and large ammunition clips but there’s another measure he’d like to see to curb gun violence; he’s calling for full funding of federal programs for local law enforcement.
Shane Victorino and his wife Melissa had a grand reception from about three dozen kids at the Shane Victorino Nicetown Boys and Girls Club Friday evening.
Governor Christie Meets President Obama At The White House, In Town To Discuss Superstorm Aid Funding
President Barack Obama has met with New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie at the White House.
This past week City Council restored more than $10 million in funding to programs that had been reduced or cut earlier, including money for the Department of Parks and Recreation.
A Philadelphia city councilman’s plan to give council direct and final control over hundreds of millions of dollars isn’t sitting too well with a local political watchdog group.
U.S. Attorney General Announces Funding For Law Enforcement Positions In 44 Cities, Including Philadelphia
Holder announced the funding at Philadelphia City Hall on Monday. It comes through the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Corbett laid out his proposed budget. It holds the line on taxes but cuts millions in funding to public universities like Temple, which stands to lose $43 million more than last year.
The Susan G. Komen organization has restored funding to Planned Parenthood following criticism from liberal groups and lawmakers, after its decision to stop contributions to the organization.
Newspaper and digital media publisher the Journal Register Co. says it has been acquired by hedge fund Alden Global Capital less than two years after emerging from bankruptcy protection and implementing an expansive digital presence.
Temple University announced Friday that it will raise tuition by about $1200 per student this fall to make up for deep cuts in state education aid.
- Eyewitness News Speaks One-On-One With Gov. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With 3 Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- Historic Uptown Theater Celebrates Black Music Month By Opening Doors for Tours
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...