Eighteen more people were arrested in what law enforcement authorities say was an elaborate scheme to bilk the taxpayers out of more than a million and a half dollars.
“They weren’t walking out of the house with a 50-inch, flat-screen TV,” says Bensalem public safety director Fred Harran. “They’re looking for jewelry, things that they can go right to these cash-for-gold places and cash this stuff in and then buy their heroin.”
The Union Fire Company on State Road has been reinstated with a new fire chief, new president and a new slate of administrative and operational officers.
Inside the men’s truck was 15 kilos of heroin and 20 pounds of methamphetamine with a street value of over $10 million, according to police.
Bensalem officials say the suspension of the Union Fire Company will not affect public safety, adding that other authorized fire companies have already been reassigned to provide coverage.
Police in Bensalem, Bucks County, say they’ve broken up a stolen cell phone ring that was operating inside the halls of Bensalem High School.
Police have arrested 28-year-old Peter Romagano of Stanwood Lane in connection with the robberies along the Street Road corridor.
Police in Bucks County are crediting an alert dealer at the Parx casino with helping them to capture a man wanted in connection with a weekend home invasion-robbery that targeted an elderly victim.
After speaking to the owner of Aloha Travel on Bristol Pike, Bensalem police say they are ending their investigation into the agency and a series of complaints against it that were posted online.
Bensalem police say they are looking for the owner of a local travel agency after receiving several complaints from people who say the payments they made to the agency never went toward the booking of their vacation.
A suburban Philadelphia township has reinstated a suspended local fire company following an agreement to change the company’s leadership.
Bensalem officials say the decision to suspend the operations of the Union Fire Company, on State Road, was the culmination of numerous incidents that have occurred over the past twelve to eighteen months.
A drunken grandmother was arrested in Bucks County late Monday afternoon on charges she let her toddler grandson wander the streets while she was supposed to be babysitting.
Police say they will use DNA and dental records to try to get a positive identification on the skeletal remains that were discovered Friday night by two men about ten yards off Galloway Road.
- Delaware County SPCA Offering Free Pet Adoptions For Vets And Military Families
- Google To Roll Out New Feature That Allows Users To Send Money Via Gmail
- Nutter's Tax Plan For Philadelphia School Funding Introduced in City Council
- State Police: Missing Montgomery County College Student Found Safe
- Officials: At Least 1 NJ Bar Under Investigation Served Fake Alcohol To Customers
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta