Hurricane Sandy could well make a direct hit on Delaware and officials in the First State are advising residents to get ready now.
“Make plans now to stay with family and friends. We are calling on you to be out of those homes by 2 p.m. on Sunday,” Nutter said.
Frankford Avenue near East Pike Street is now open after a water main break closed it Sunday morning.
Wild storms in Wildwood, New Jersey Wednesday afternoon left a group of beach goers with quite a scare following a close encounter with lightning.
During the storm wicked weather took down trees and flooded streets in parts of Philadelphia.
More than 200 residents of the luxury condominium building near 13th and Broad were given the green light to return to their building, but some of them may be returning to an apartment that is unlivable.
A water main break has closed a section of Main Street in Manayunk.
It was hard not to notice the boisterous thunderstorms that moved through the region overnight.
Mother Nature is bringing a different set of weather issues to the opposite ends of Pennsylvania – rain in the east and snow in the west.
The Natural Resources Defense Council has released a report on how ready states are for water problems created by climate change. And Pennsylvania is only one of nine states with an actual plan.
Parts of northeastern Pennsylvania already devastated by massive flooding from two big storms have been hit with even more rain, leading to flooding of local streams and roadways and prompting a flood warning after water spilled over a local dam.
“We saw more flash flooding with Tropical Storm Lee,” said a Montgomery County official. “With Hurricane Irene we saw more widespread flooding and flash flooding throughout most of the eastern section of the county.”
The Pennsylvania attorney general’s office says its agents and investigators are now deployed in the Philadelphia region and other areas hit by recent storms, keeping an eye out for scammers and price gouging.
Government workers have been out in force spraying for mosquitos across eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and with all the rainwater dumped by recent storms their job won’t be ending anytime soon
“We’ve mobilized about 1,200 soldiers so far,” says Sgt. Matthew Jones. “About 400 of those are in Wilkes-Barre. So far they have had to rescue over 150 civilians.”
- CBS News Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Says Her Computers May Have Been Tampered With
- Lehigh County Couple Charged In Theft Of $854K From Township
- La Salle University's President To Step Down In May 2014
- Philadelphia Author Wins National Science Fiction Writing Award
- Man Injured After Box Of Ammunition Explodes In Delaware
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...