There was a flag raising ceremony outside Independence Hall on Thursday. The 78th Army Band played and members of the Philadelphia chapter of Tuskegee Airmen were on hand.
The Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support from Northeast Philadelphia demonstrated how to hand-embroider the presidential flag.
History is everywhere in the nation’s first capital, from the cobblestone streets of Old City to the grassy quads of Penn. So it’s no surprise that the creator of our nation’s flag and one of the most important women in American history, Betsy Ross, lived and worked right here in Philadelphia
by KYW’s Mike Dougherty Monday is Flag Day and one local country club is saying thank you to those who have defended the stars and stripes by making them members for a day.
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...