First Judicial District
Lt. Jonathan Josey was found not guilty of assault charges stemming from an incident in which he was caught on videotape slapping a woman to the ground during a Puerto Rican Day celebration. The judge’s wife is a Philadelphia police officer.
A former Philadelphia courts employee has been sentenced to 33 months in prison for using his position to steal over $400,000 worth of merchandise and services.
City officials say nearly 20 years after the Criminal Justice Center opened, they’re still stymied by a stinking problem: people puffing on cigarettes in the building’s stairwells in defiance of Philadelphia’s smoking ban.
Philadelphia City Council took a close look at the city’s troubled bail system on Wednesday, but key players in that system were no-shows.
“There’s a strong chance that that money can be stolen by people who have no right to the money,” according to Philadelphia’s city controller.
Most of these city workers are on the hook for less thant $1,000, but one owes $150,000.
Around 400,000 court deadbeats owe the First Judicial District in Philadelphia an estimated $1.5 billion. Some of the money owed dates back decades.
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Germantown High School Graduates Its Final Class Ever
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...