Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers
Philadelphia fire officials say fewer people died in fires in 2012 than at any other time in the city’s history. But they’re hoping to get the number lower still.
The Philadelphia firefighters union heads to court Friday asking a judge to stop the Nutter Administration from imposing transfers of senior firefighters in the new year.
The Nutter Administration plans to transfer nearly 300 senior firefighters to different stations next year, a move that the firefighters union describes as “punishment.”
Mayor Nutter has signed legislation requiring that homeowners who have older, battery-operated smoke alarms installed to replace the batteries.
Authorities say the bodies of the 79-year-old woman and the 4-year-old child were found in a second-floor bedroom.
With the deaths of two firefighters on their minds, Philadelphia City Council memberson Wednesday grilled the fire commissioner about the controversial policy of temporarily closing fire stations — a tactic known as “brownouts.”
The Philadelphia Fire Department has announced the funeral arrangements for two firefighters who lost their lives battling a warehouse fire in Kensington, Monday morning.
Philadelphia fire commissioner Lloyd Ayers wants to make sure those families that celebrate by putting a Christmas tree in their living rooms do so safely.
The Pennsylvania Historical Society has unveiled an historical marker in front of 221 Market Street to commemorate the original volunteer firefighters in the city of Philadelphia.
A just-released report shows it is taking Philadelphia firefighters longer to respond to scenes, but the fire commissioner and the president of the firefighter’s union are at odds as to why and the effect they are having on citizens.
Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says 31-year-old Jack Slivinski was found dead early Saturday in his Lawndale home.
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held Friday at the site, at Magee Avenue and Keystone Street.
A day-long conference was held at Citizens Bank Park yesterday for emergency personnel in the region who arrive at traffic accident scenes.
Despite a steady rain in Philadelphia, dozens of police officers, firefighters, and family members of those killed in the line of duty gathered for the city’s annual “living flame” memorial on Wednesday in Franklin Square.
A Philadelphia firefighter who struck a pose for a charity calendar is causing a raging controversy within the Philadelphia Fire Department.
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...