Tonight, the No. 1 overall seed takes on a team once ranked No. 1 and now playing its best basketball. On one side is Louisville, the favorite when the field was announced, trying to keep the national championship trophy in the state of Kentucky.
Michigan advanced to the national championship game with a 61-56 victory over Syracuse in the Final Four on Saturday night.
Luke Hancock came off the bench to score 20 points, walk-on Tim Henderson sparked a second-half rally with a pair of monster 3s and Louisville advanced to the NCAA title game Saturday night, escaping with a 72-68 victory over Wichita State.
Even with limited drama—none of the regional finals were particularly thrilling—the NCAA Tournament is a wonderful thing, the perfect blend of fairness and unpredictability.
Louisville guard Kevin Ware had successful surgery on his broken right leg Sunday night.
Statistician Nate Silver gives Big 5 teams a very slim chance of advancing in the NCAA Tournament.
In 2012, President Obama’s men’s bracket ranked 2,347,421 out of 6.45 million entries, placing him in the 63.6th percentile.
Millions of Americans are using varying methods (from deep team research to darts) to fill out their NCAA basketball tournament “brackets.”
Before the games begin, arguments about the brackets are front and center.
Baylor takes the women’s NCAA basketball championship, defeating Notre Dame.
One man was wounded by gunfire early Tuesday in Lexington, numerous small fires were set and dozens were arrested as thousands celebrated Kentucky’s win over Kansas to claim another NCAA title, authorities reported.
After whittling an 18-point lead to five, Kansas finally succumbed to mighty Kentucky in the national championship game
Kentucky has the best players. Kansas has the most heart. From the first practice in October to the final cutting of the nets in April, that’s how the two teams remaining in the NCAA tournament have made a name for themselves.
Brittney Griner and Baylor are two wins from a perfect season.
Kentucky will play Louisville on Saturday and Kansas will face Ohio State on Sunday at the Superdome in New Orleans.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...