Feeding the Homeless
Rev. Brian Jenkins and his wife founded Chosen 300 Ministries in 1996, and have been providing meals, prayer sessions, and fellowship for the homeless ever since.
Just two months before the Barnes Foundation moved into its new home on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, the city passed a law banning curbside feedings. The move sparked immediate controversy.
Find out more information about feeding the homeless with Mary Totino.
Early Saturday evening, one of the religious groups that successfully challenged the City’s ban on serving food to the homeless outdoors offered thanks in the form of a meal on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
Chris reviews Mitt Romney’s speech yesterday in front of the NAACP and details the United States Olympic Committees efforts to get Olympic Gyro in Reading Terminal Market to change their name. He talks Republican Senate Candidate Tom Smith about his campaign against Bob Casey and Kirsten Kukowski from the Republican National Committee about President Obama’s record of outsourcing.
Closing arguments were scheduled for Thursday morning in a federal court challenge to Philadelphia’s ban on outdoor food programs.
According to the complaint, the religious groups want an injunction against the ban, arguing that the law violates their Constitutional rights.
Two months after Mayor Michael Nutter announced a ban on public feeding of the homeless on the Ben Franklin Parkway, the new policy has yet to take effect.
Many homeless who take advantage of the generosity of volunteers feeding them along the parkway say the ban is all about the money.
Chris analyzes the Voter ID BIll that passed the PA legislature. He talks to Gene Epstein about his Hire Just One program, State Senator Lisa Boscola about her plan to legalize NCAA basketball pools, and to Jason Mattera about his new book Hollywood Hypocrites.
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...