Forty-seven-year-old Jose Oyola, of Greenwood, is facing charges including Theft and Extortion following an investigation by State Police.
Learning a new language doesn’t have to be a nightmare. The Mango Passport app uses interactive tools and imagery to make the learning process more fun.
Translation dictionaries are pretty common in the app store, but you’ll be hard pressed to find one that’s more thorough than the Ultralingua Dictionary.
The Vocre translation app lets you have a conversation with someone who doesn’t speak your language.
Adolescent immigrants, or ‘newcomers’ face some of the toughest challenges in school. To help, The Center for Applied Linguistics researched 63 newcomer programs for promising practices, compiling them in a searchable database.
Joe Eastman is a retired military man and a volunteer tutor at the Center for Literacy in Philadelphia.
“Let’s Speak English,” a program now being offered at eleven branches of the Free Library of Philadelphia, offers conversation English classes to immigrants.
- Corbett May Have To Settle For Watered Down Pension Reform Bill
- Cyclist In Critical Condition After Crashing Into Fence In Fairmount Park
- SRC Votes To Revise Outdated School Donation Policy
- Audit Reveals Problems With 2012 Election At Philadelphia Polling Places
- Masterman Students, Teachers Run To Raise Money For Extracurriculars
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...