When it comes to health care, you might think that heart disease or cancer cost the most. In actuality, the most expensive condition to treat is dementia.
A Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) order is a type of legal form that indicates that a patient should not be offered CPR or other life sustaining measures. When does it apply?
Long term care policies are far from standard, and they differ in significant ways. Here are some critical considerations.
Hearing loss affects more than a quarter of adults over the age of fifty. The number grows to more than fifty percent in people over eighty years of age. Testing for hearing loss is easy and helpful.
The American Geriatric Association recommends everyone over 65 be screened for falls. Home visits looking at lighting and areas of potential dangers like throw rugs.
Three sisters, ages 84-90, are recovering from injuries they sustained in a Friday morning attack.
“He said he was from the water department,” said an elderly woman who did not want to be identified. She is the most recent of at least four victims, all located near Bustleton Avenue.
People who have osteoporosis are at dramatically increased risk for fractures which, in the elderly, can lead to longterm health issues. So, how can this be prevented?
The Cherry Hill Police Department is reaching out to the public for help finding the vehicle wanted in a potential hit-and-run accident that injured a female jogger.
There are laws to protect seniors from the harm that can occur at long term care facilities. And, every state has an Ombudsman who can help.
Around 3:21 p.m. on Wednesday, the Evesham Police Department responded to a residence in the unit block of N Locust Avenue for a reported theft.
Police say an 86-year-old man is behind bars after fatally shooting his son at the eastern Pennsylvania home they shared.
A man was arrested in Pennsylvania on charges of criminally neglecting his elderly mother, causing her to suffer serious bodily harm. What is your legal obligation to an elderly family member?
The latest heatwave of the summer has descended on the Delaware Valley and agencies in Philadelphia and Camden counties are urging residents to keep an eye on elderly friends and neighbors in the extreme temperatures.
Researchers studied the brains of more than 150 elderly individuals to determine whether amyloid beta plaques could be an indicator for Alzheimer’s.
- New Pantry Program Provides Fresh, Healthy Food To Those In Need
- Man In Critical Condition After Port Richmond Stabbing
- Christie Can Set NJ Election Date, Lawyers Argue
- Philadelphia Man Finds Sinkhole Filled With Green Ooze
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...