Edgar Allen Poe
If word games aren’t your thing, but you still enjoy a little head-on competition, Writer Rumble might be right up your alley.
Edgar Allen Poe’s works have easily stood the test of time, but the iPoe app shows them off in a way you probably haven’t seen before.
“Almost all the works that they talk about in the movie and that the murders are about, they’re all Philadelphia stories. The greatest hits he wrote here,” Historian Ed Petit says. “The Raven, he may have begun it while living in Philadelphia.”
The Raven flies in with an unabashedly farfetched and fanciful theory, a fictional account of what might have happened to Poe at life’s end.
Gerald Dickens is in the United States to perform a one-man show of his great-great-grandfather’s famous work, “A Christmas Carol.”
A well known Philadelphian is the first woman whose mug appears on a beer glass at a popular restaurant and bar in Old City.
- Camden County Veterans Remembered At Memorial Day Weekend Ceremony
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry Canceled For High Winds
- Pa. State Police Issue Amber Alert For Abducted Girl
- Gun Rights Advocates March To Protest Philadelphia Ordinance That Bans Firearms On City Property
- NJ Mom Wants To Withdraw Guilty Plea In Kidnapping, Starving Of 8-Year-Old Daughter
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...