Dr. Marciene Mattleman
With two dozen schools permanently closing in June, about ten thousand Philadelphia students will attend new public schools next year.
An increase in the number of women studying computer sciences is attributed somewhat to companies such as Facebook, Yelp and Zynga and the movie, “The Social Network” portraying the knowledge as hot and coders hip!
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Nine-year-old Ayub Mohamud ate two breakfasts, one at home and one at school, loved candy and chips, got little exercise, and had signs of being pre-diabetic. After starting Portland, Maine’s 5-2-1-0 program, […]
The Ultimate Block Party, along with Disney, Crayola, Lego and researchers from Columbia University and MIT, are celebrating play and pushing against the belief that education only takes place when kids are in seats, staring at chalkboards and taking notes.
A report from the Annenberg Institute for School Reform looks at community organizing as a means of systemic education reform.
An article in the journal Science reports that students who read a passage, then took a test asking them to recall the information, retained 50% more a week later than those who used two other methods.
A poet, novelist, political activist and vice president of the newly formed National Association of Colored Women in 1896… yet the name Frances Ellen Watkins Harper cannot be found in most history books.
Liberal Arts students at Lafayette College, part of the Economic Empowerment and Global Learning Project, are doing community engagement and economic outreach that one might expect from engineering departments.
Call it what you want, the universal @ sign is an example of globalism.
Only 30% to 60% of people over 65 ever go online compared with the US average of 79% according to a Pew Research Center study; however, those 74 and over are the fastest growing group on social-networking sites.
California is leading the way in Environmental Education. Since 2004 more than 1,000 people, 6 state agencies and 19 school districts have helped create 85 environmental teaching units, K-12, putting the state far ahead of every other state.
Across the country teachers are taking over schools. Minnesota’s legislature passed a law in 2009 that permits school districts to operate teacher-run schools.
The Washington Post describes an integrated approach to teaching that was piloted in 90 kindergartens across Montgomery County, Maryland. It is expected to be picked up nationwide.
Harvard student Jason Shah started INeedAPencil.com — a website offering 60 sessions of free SAT prep in “conversational” language with sports analogies and practice exams.
According to The Washington Post, the number of US undergraduates at British schools rose 30% in five years to more than 3500 students, and in 2010, applications increased by 17%.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...