Parents were getting a chance to vent at a community meeting even as politicians were seeking both short- and long-term answers.
A narrowly divided Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Wednesday invalidated a plan to redraw state House and Senate district lines, calling the redistricting approach “contrary to law” and throwing into disarray plans by candidates and parties for this year’s General Assembly races.
The push to change the way Pennsylvania awards its electoral votes in presidential elections appears to have stalled.
Fifteen states have moved to block Real ID. The bill now moves to the state House.
Governor Corbett and State Senate Majority Leader Dominic Pileggi (R) are supporting a major change to the way Pennsylvania awards its electoral votes in presidential elections.
Reaffirming his support for vouchers, the state Senate majority leader calls a “distraction” the bill passed by the House Tuesday that would expand a tax credit program that encourages businesses to fund scholarships for private school tuition.
It appears Governor Tom Corbett and a top Senator of his own party are at odds over what to do with a surplus in the current fiscal year now at $500 million and counting.
State lawmakers will take a look at controversial legislation that would expand the right to use lethal force in self-defense.
Along with an effort to sell off state liquor stores, a new attempt to establish a school voucher program is shaping up as one of the big issues for Pennsylvania lawmakers in the year ahead.
The Gaming Control Board has revoked Foxwoods’ license and now it seems a real possibility that license could end up going either someplace else or nowhere at all.
A spokesman for the state senate Republican leader said contrary to some opinion, he believed lawmakers would agree to a tax on natural gas extraction this fall. But he believes a comprehensive transportation funding bill […]
Congress has finally approved more medical assistance money for states — but less than had been expected. And now Governor Rendell is calling for a nearly two-percent cut in state spending to help close a […]
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Germantown High School Graduates Its Final Class Ever
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...