A New Jersey corrections officer who was arrested for allegedly stating he was a police officer in an attempt to coerce prostitutes into having sex with him for free is now facing an additional charge, thanks to new DNA evidence.
Police are crediting DNA evidence with identifying the suspect allegedly responsible for a 1996 cold case.
Temple University researchers have discovered a key to heart failure which is currently an incurable disease.
Jury deliberations have begun in the trial of the alleged Kensington rapist, who is charged with raping three women, and a fourth alleged rape during an eight day period in late 2011.
One of the world’s leading DNA and genetic mapping experts will be in Philadelphia Monday for the Association of Independent Research Institutes national conference.
Thousands of scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and inventors from across the country and around the world are converging in Philadelphia for a national meeting that is the city’s largest convention of the summer.
For nine years now, he’s been out there lurking. And for the last several years, police in Philadelphia have taken a day to remind people about the Fairmount rapist.
You may remember the mitochondria was called the power-pack of the cell, providing energy. But, it could also help to cause a decline in muscle mass, hearing loss, and other aspects of aging.
New research indicates an increased risk for coronary artery disease can be passed genetically from father to son on the male Y chromosome.
Philadelphia police say they are 100% sure that they have the right suspects in custody in the beating death of Kevin Kless earlier this month near Independence Mall. But initial descriptions were way off.
A newly identified ‘myelation’ site in DNA may lead to a test for ovarian cancer.
A homeless man pled guilty today before a common pleas judge, for the sexual attack of a woman inside a Bella Vista coffee house last March where the woman worked. KYWS John McDevitt was in the courtroom at Philadelphia’s Criminal Justice Center this morning.
Philadelphia Police are investigating one of their own after a woman claims she was sexually assaulted in the back of a squad car.
A northern New Jersey lawmaker wants law enforcement officials to collect DNA samples from anyone arrested in the state.
Members of the Philadelphia Police Department were out in Fairmount Park on Saturday handing out fliers and talking with the public to remind them to be aware of their surroundings as the hunt for a serial rapist continues.
- SEPTA Police Chief Tweets Picture Of Alleged Phone Snatcher
- Report Urges End To Automatic Teacher Tenure in Philadelphia Public Schools
- Bench Honoring Fallen Firefighter Michael Goodwin Unveiled In South Philadelphia
- Veterans Advisory Commission Holds Resource Fair At City Hall
- Movie Review: 'Star Trek Into Darkness'
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...