With more and more women becoming the primary breadwinner in their families, it is important to know how the workplace is addressing issues of the family, like pregnancy.
Can you fire someone who, though competent, is so irritating you want to choke him? Yes.
Wet Seal Inc. has agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle a federal racial discrimination lawsuit filed by three of the retailer’s former employees.
There is no law that specifically protects people against their employer’s job decisions based on their excess weight.
Anyone who’s ever worked with a bully knows how awful it can be but is verbal abuse on the job illegal?
Conveniently-timed for Obama’s reelection, the Hispanic and Women Farmers and Ranchers Claims Resolution program began September 24, 2012 – just a month-and-a-half before the election. Apparently the Obama administration did not care about this alleged injustice to females and Hispanics any time in the past three-and-a-half years. It just happened to be thought about and addressed now – just before voters pull the lever.
A new law in Doylestown means if a mother was breastfeeding in a store, it would be illegal for the business owner or manager to ask her to move, cover up or say something to embarrass her.
The way you dress yourself is a form of expression protected under the first amendment. But that right is not unfettered.
Employees can be disciplined for issues that affect their coworkers even if it’s not related to the tasks they perform. So body odor , cigarette stench or too-heavy perfume could get you fired.
Does a company have a right to fire a probationary employee for any reason in the first three months? Many companies think so.
A recently settled racial discrimination lawsuit involving dozens of Hispanic and black city children who said they were shunned by a swim club in an overwhelmingly white suburban neighborhood includes an unusual provision that aims to heal the wounds caused by the ordeal.
The swim club, which was formerly located in Huntingdon Valley, Pa. was accused of discriminating against a group of African-American children because of their race back in June 2009.
Georgia’s Augusta National Golf Club, host of the Master’s Tournament, seems to have a problem on its hands, and it’s not the legality of its males-only membership policy. It’s a PR problem.
“You can generally discriminate when you’re hiring on the basis of attractiveness. But you cannot discriminate on the basis of, for example, age or disability at the same time.”
Four white Philadelphia public school teachers have filed suit against the School District of Philadelphia, alleging racial discrimination.
- VIDEO: Man Steals From Toll Collection Booth Along AC Expressway
- Corbett May Have To Settle For Watered Down Pension Reform Bill
- Cyclist In Critical Condition After Crashing Into Fence In Fairmount Park
- SRC Votes To Revise Outdated School Donation Policy
- Audit Reveals Problems With 2012 Election At Philadelphia Polling Places
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...