The study looked at data from 117 deaths captured by American Red Cross mortality tracking during the time period from October 28 to November 30, 2012.
Crash deaths in cases where drivers were on the phone are seriously underreported, according to a recent analysis of state and federal data by the National Safety Council, an advocacy group.
The center released a report Tuesday that attributes 72 deaths in the U.S. directly to Sandy, from Maryland to New Hampshire. That’s more than any hurricane to hit the northeastern U.S. since Hurricane Agnes killed 122 people in 1972.
The four retailers — Amazon.com, Buy Buy Baby, Diapers.com and Toys R Us/Babies R Us — agreed to voluntarily participate in the recall of the Nap Nanny because its manufacturer is unable or unwilling to participate, the government agency said in a statement.
Hope Brown came to look at the cross for her 25-year-old nephew Garland Banks.
The Lehigh County coroner’s office said Friday that a 93-year-old man from Upper Macungie Township died of hypothermia in his home while the power was out.
Two more deaths in Pennsylvania have been attributed to the storm that struck the East Coast earlier this week.
State health officials say 42 cases of the mosquito-borne illness had been reported around the state as of Friday.
The number of deaths related to Hurricane Irene continues to rise.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...