Former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro has been re-sentenced to the same five year sentence for extortion with the threat of violence.
The government is out with new regulations designed to keep kids safe from those who wish to track them online.
Government prosecutors said Daniel Castro’s actions following his sentencing last week amounted to an attempt to intimidate a federal witness.
Castro, once a high-raking police inspector, pleaded guilty in June to a single count of conspiracy to commit extortion.
The man who wanted to be police commissioner pleaded guilty in connection with one extortion attempt and he was convicted of lying to the FBI about another extortion attempt.
The prosecution and defense have now made their sentence recommendations for convicted former Philadelphia Police Inspector Daniel Castro.
Following a trial and mixed verdict in April, former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro has pleaded guilty to a single count of extortion.
A jury returned a verdict in the trial of former Philadelphia Police Inspector Daniel Castro, who earlier this week had an emotional break-down on the stand and admitted to taking part in a series of strong armed extortion attempts.
The jury considering the corruption case against former Philadelphia police Inspector Daniel Castro is having trouble reaching a unanimous verdict on some counts, but they will deliberate again Wednesday morning.
federal jury in Philadelphia has now heard closing arguments and is deliberating in the case of former Philadelphia police Inspector Daniel Castro.
Daniel Castro, the former Philadelphia police inspector charged with corruption, has completed his testimony in federal court, admitting to taking part in strongarm extortions — but only after a certain date, and then only reluctantly.
In stunning and emotional testimony, former Philadelphia police Inspector Daniel Castro admits he took part in a series of strong armed extotion attempts, and later lied about it when confronted by the FBI.
An FBI informant was undergoing cross-examination on Wednesday in the case of former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro (left), charged with corruption.
Philadelphia police inspector Castro had lost $90,000 to a business associate, but informant Rony Moshe says Castro wanted to get $150,000 back for his trouble. And, says Moshe, they were using some muscle to get it.
The prosecution has opened its bribery and extortion case against a former Philadelphia Police Inspector. The defendant is charged with conspiring in a series of extortion schemes.
- Survey Finds Philadelphia-Area Residents Eager To Revisit South Jersey Shore
- Police Investigate 'Inappropriate Touching' Incident At West Philadelphia Elementary School
- Overturned Tractor Trailer Slowing Traffic On I-295 In Salem County
- Local Nonprofit Group Helping Student Athletes Get Screened For Cardiac Problems
- Family of Young Kidnap Victim Plans to Sue Phila. School District
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...