Four blocks of State Street in North Camden and several blocks along Park Boulevard in the Parkside neighborhood are getting about 50 new streetlamps, to replace those vandalized in recent years.
It’s meant to serve not just the college crowd, officials say, but neighbors as well.
She says there are also three local banks willing to provide attractive loan terms to people willing to commit to properties in Camden.
Camden’s mayor is expressing relief over a reversal by Gov. Chris Christie after he initially canceled the state’s transitional aid program to distressed communities.
Camden Mayor Dana Redd has pledged housing assistance for those without a home right now
The investigation and clean-up continues in Camden, where the second major fire in a week took place on Saturday.
Officials are moving to take over hundreds of abandoned properties across the city, hoping to turn them into occupied and taxable homes. The effort started in the city’s Cramer Hill section.
Camden Mayor Dana Redd said Thursday that she’ll rehire 50 of the police officers and 15 firefighters laid off earlier this year amid a budget crisis in the city, which has seen a spike in crime.
A meeting held in Camden Tuesday evening provided a forum for residents who opposed a proposed tax increase that, if approved, could bring back some laid off public employees.
Camden City Council opted last night not to act on a budget proposal from Mayor Dana Redd that would immediately increase real estate taxes by 23 percent.
The state’s Local Finance Board agreed Friday to lift the city’s cap on property-tax increases. That means the hike, which could raise $4.2 million, would take effect once the City Council approves the municipal budget.
Mayor Redd says up to 100 of the 168 police officers let go could be brought back if their union weren’t protecting its own interests.
The good news is that Camden is no longer #1 on the list. The bad news is that it is now #2.
Massive layoffs could become reality for the Camden Police force that hired 450 new recruits just nine months ago.
The mayor of Camden, NJ has announced a plan to prevent the city libraries from closing, by folding them into the Camden County library system.
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Marcos Camacho, Notorious 'Kensington Rapist,' Sentenced to 50+ Years in Prison
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...