The school board voted to trim more than 200 jobs, including 96 teachers.
A new mobile produce van made its first stop on Wednesday, selling fruits and vegetables on the streets of Camden, NJ.
The planned Shop Rite store, on the Admiral Wilson Boulevard, will be 75,000 square feet and will anchor a retail strip of stores in the East Camden neighborhood that Mayor Dana Redd believes is long overdue.
There was no debate during the special meeting. The vote was 6-1.
The City of Camden, NJ has received the go-ahead to lay off all of its uniformed police officers, in a step toward creating a new, county-run police force.
Officials in Camden, NJ have shared their plan to transition the Camden Police Department from a city-run to a county-run organization.
The move toward the formation of a Camden County police department, with the City of Camden its sole participant, continues with word that the city’s mayor is working on a plan to lay off the city’s entire police force as soon as the end of the year.
The “show cause” hearing before Judge Daustino Fernandez-Vina pitted opponents of the regionalized police force against those in favor of it, including Camden mayor Dana Redd.
The Camden City School District’s Superintendent Bessie LeFra Young makes more than $240,000 a year. But lately, she hasn’t been showing up for work.
The city of Camden wants to be the first participant in a Camden County police department.
Authorities in Camden have a warning for illegal dumpers: you are being watched.
Phil Rowan, president of the Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial, says a North Jersey group has engaged in a letter-writing and publicity campaign, trying to get the historic ship relocated to New York Harbor.
It’s barely six months from yesterday’s groundbreaking to the expected September opening of a transitional facility for homeless veterans in Camden.
Camden County will take control of the Camden city police department by early spring if everything plays out as planned, and other communities could join in later.
Camden Mayor Dana Redd says she requested the closed-door meeting with attorney general Paula Dow to address the city’s issues with violence.
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Pa. Senate Tackles Liquor Bill
- Family Of 10-Year-Old Boy Killed In Chester Accident Speaks Out
- Health: Study Shows Facebook Initiative To Boost Organ Donation Registration Worked
- NJ Health Officials Advise Residents Of Coyote Sightings
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...