New Jersey Governor Chris Christie used his 100th town hall meeting on Wednesday in Manahawkin, Ocean County to discuss long term recovery plans in the wake of Hurricane Sandy now that congress is moving the complete $60-billion aid package.
“It’s a big relief now but I got to tell you it’s been a torturous process.” New Jersey Republican Congressman Frank LoBiondo said.
This New Year ushers in a new Congress and a large Freshman class. Here’s hoping that new faces create needed change on the Hill.
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
After getting a blast from New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, the leadership of the US House has promised a vote today on an initial $9.7 billion aid package for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The 113th Congress convened on Thursday, with its newest members being sworn in. In addition, they also re-elected John Boehner as the Speaker of the House.
A composite view of seven Republican house lawmakers is that 38 ultraconservatives torpedoed John Boehner’s plan to a vote on a bill that was already rejected by Senate leadership but one that he tried to use as a bargaining chip.
Petraeus must either volunteer to speak as a civilian or Congress must subpoena the former CIA Director to speak to complete the Benghazi puzzle.
President Barack Obama epitomizes the need for a one-term limit for presidents of the United States.
Cyberattackers have been playing havoc with bank websites. And while lawmakers are concerned, they haven’t been able to agree on what to do about it.
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. owes his constituents a full explanation of why he hasn’t been on the job this summer.
Tea Party zealots in Congress are obsessed with stripping people of their right and access to affordable care.
Of all the signs leading to a defeat for President Barack Obama in the presidential election of 2012, the most glaring sign is the 8.2% unemployment rate.
Attorney General Eric Holder continued to show contempt of Congress in his remarks following the House vote to hold him “in contempt” for refusing to hand over documents associated with the Fast and Furious operation.
President Obama won big this week with the Supreme Court decisions on Obamacare and immigration. While Mitt Romney and the Tea Party couldn’t have had a worse week.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta