Mayor Nutter visited the vendors to close out the Christmas Village that popped up on JFK Plaza on Thanksgiving, with mostly German-based goods sold in little wooden huts through Christmas Eve.
Little news fans turned out at the Christmas Village in Love Park, Philadelphia on Saturday, Dec. 15th, 2012.
The Christmas Village of Philadelphia had a moment of silence to remember the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
A giant tree stands at the center of the drained fountain. Kids were running and playing on the big green stage surrounding the tree.
Christmas decorations are some of the best parts of the holiday: bright lights, garlands, beautiful bulbs and decorated wreaths. If you’re wondering where your neighbors got all of those amazing lawn ornaments, start at the top places for holiday shopping in Philadelphia.
Feeling more like the Grinch than Cindy Lou Who this year? Up your levels of holiday cheer at these local seasonal events.
It’s an interactive display with moving figures, lights, amusement rides and 17 train lines traveling through miniature scenery.
Thanksgiving Day marks the opening of the Christmas Village.
This week’s City Hall controversy over the removal of the “Christmas Village” sign may be dying down a bit, but it prompted some good-natured joking at City Council’s meeting on Thursday.
After much debate and controversy, Mayor Michael Nutter says two signs that hang above the wooden booths that make up the traditional European Christmas Village on the west side of City Hall will once again feature the word “Christmas.”
The sign that hangs above the 80 wooden booths that make up the traditional European Christmas Village on the west side of City Hall used to say “Christmas Village,” but on Tuesday morning, it was missing a word.
More than 50 vendors from around the world set up Individual wooden booths to resemble a Bavarian village Christmas market.
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta