As the New Year turns, many real Christmas trees will soon find a second life as garden mulch thanks to community recycling programs. You can also recycle your tree yourself at home. Here are a few tips.
The Streets Department says it is offering an environmentally friendly alternative for the disposal of your Christmas tree after the holidays.
I always like to get one that has extra branches at the bottom that we’ll need to cut off for it to fit in the tree stand. That’s because branches are great for decorating and spreading that Christmas-tree scent around the house.
Two things are true – real Christmas trees are thirsty and they’re sticky. Here are two real solutions to keep your tree fresh and your hands clean.
“It sounds a little counterintuitive because you hear us greenies tell you all the time, ‘reusable this, reusable that,’ ” notes a Sierra Club editor.
Many people wait to last minute to buy their Christmas trees.
If you’re tired of having Christmas tree needles all over your floor… sweep them up and toss them in your garden – evergreen boughs and needles make good mulch.
A South Street business is selling trendy Christmas trees and ornaments that may tickle your fancy.
Tree growers have been experimenting with new types of Christmas trees and some new ones are starting to hit the markets.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta