Twenty-year-old Christina Regusters is the only person charged with the kidnapping, but an attorney is convinced that others were involved.
The case caused repercussions at Bryant Elementary School and across the Philadelphia school district after the girl was permitted to leave the school with a woman in a hijab posing as her mother.
Defense attorney W. Fred Harrison Jr. had argued that defendant Christina Regusters has no previous criminal record, has denied the allegations in this case, and has ties to the community.
By John McDevitt PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The investigation continues into the abduction and brutal assault of a 5-year-old West Philadelphia girl last month. With one woman in custody, police continue to search for other suspects. […]
Philadelphia district attorney Seth Williams says what happended to the girl is horrific and Christina Regusters (photo) did not act alone.
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta