Charlotte made an 11-2 run late in the second half to beat St. Joe’s 52-40 Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Scootie Randall scored 18 points and Temple beat Charlotte 71-51 Sunday for the Owls’ third straight victory.
The Owls got a lot of good news on Saturday. First they beat Maryland 73-60 at the Palestra to improve to 13-5. Secondly, they got Michael Eric back, as he returned to game action for the first time in two months after being sidelined by a patella injury to his right knee.
St. Joe’s now sits at 11-4 on the season, after finding a way to win on the road at Duquesne University last night, taking an 84-82 decision in overtime.
Langston Galloway scored 27 points and hit the go-ahead free throw with 4.1 seconds left as Saint Joseph’s beat Charlotte 71-70 on Saturday.
La Salle rallied from an eight-point halftime deficit to force overtime, then pulled out a 91-86 double-overtime victory over Charlotte.
Khalif Wyatt scored 17 points, dished out six assists, and had six rebounds to lead the Temple Owls over Charlotte on Wednesday night.
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta