Harry Crimi with Capuccio’s Meats in the Italian Market says the Christmas goose tradition goes way back.
James Kenney, vice president and general manager says about 150,000-250,000 people are expected to view the walk-through display that depicts the Charles Dickens tale, “A Christmas Carol.”
Writer Charles Dickens would have been 200-years-old on February 7th. The Philadelphia Free Library and a Center City restaurant are celebrating with special events.
Melony Roy, executive producer of hearPHILLY.com has compiled a list of 12 things to look forward to in 2012.
Starting now is the 200th anniversary of the birthday of Charles John Huffam Dickens, whose Victorian works have continued to live though generations.
Gerald Dickens is in the United States to perform a one-man show of his great-great-grandfather’s famous work, “A Christmas Carol.”
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…and in 2012, it’s time to celebrate the 200th birthday of the dude who wrote that iconic line, Charles Dickens.
Twelve publishers turned down the first Harry Potter book; but the seventh volume sold an estimated 11 million copies in 24 hours — the fastest selling book on record.
- Dom Speaks With Pa. Senator Chuck McIlhinney About Liquor Bill
- Germantown High School Graduates Its Final Class Ever
- Lien Placed On Home Of Philadelphia Mayor For Failure To Pay PGW Bill
- Pregnant Woman In Serious Condition Following Triple Shooting in North Philadelphia
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...