The main post office, at 3000 Chestnut Street in West Philadelphia is the focal point of Operation Santa.
The US Postal Service says it is launching a study that could result in the closing of its mail processing center in Tredyffrin Township, which employs more than 725 workers, and the consolidation of those operations at a site in Southwest Philadelphia.
Among the best known local post offices on the list are the Benjamin Franklin post office in Old City, and ones in Manayunk, Roxborough, East Germantown, 30th Street train station, Overbrook, and St. Davids.
A sea of red ink is forcing the U.S. Postal Service to shut the doors on three local postal stations in April.
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- 'Operation Swill' Targets NJ Bars Found Selling Cheap Liquor In Premium Bottles
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...