Carbon Monoxide

carbon-monoxide-detector

Pottstown Apartments Evacuated After Possible Carbon Monoxide Leak

It was around 5:30 a.m. Monday when authorities were called to the North Apartments in Pottstown for the report of a possible carbon monoxide leak.

12/24/2012

Generator

Carbon Monoxide To Blame For Grandfather’s Death, Hospitalization Of 2 Other Family Members

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, there’s been another deadly case of carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator. A little girl is hospitalized, her grandfather is dead, two others in the family barely survived.

11/02/2012

(A gasoline-powered portable electric generator.  File photo)

After Hurricane Sandy, Hospitals See Spike in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Danger from the storm didn’t end when the wind and rain died down. Some injuries occur in the aftermath.

11/01/2012

policelight

90-Year-Old Woman Found Dead Inside Montgomery County Home

A 90-year-old woman was found dead in her Montgomery County home Tuesday night.

10/30/2012

(Students at Brown Elementary were evacuated to a church across the street.   Credit: Mike DeNardo)

Carbon Monoxide At Philadelphia School Sends Dozens Of Students To Hospital

An elementary school in Mayfair was evacuated and dozens of students were taken to the hospital following a carbon monoxide leak on Tuesday morning.

10/09/2012

(Residential carbon monoxide detectors are available at hardware stores for under $35.   File photo)

With Rise of CO Poisoning Cases, Red Cross Urges Detectors For All Homes

Dave Schrader, spokesman for the local Red Cross, says the organization has responded to a handful of calls within the past month — the most recent one when carbon monoxide fumes chased a family from their home on Wednesday night in Coatesville.

02/02/2012

police line

Police: Carbon Monoxide To Blame In Death Of Abington Woman And Dog

A woman and her dog were killed Friday following an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in an Abington home, according to police.

11/25/2011

(Graphic: Ed Fischer)

Lafayette Hill, Pa. Couple Dies In Maine After Losing Power From Irene

It appears the two were overcome by carbon monoxide from a generator running in the basement of their vacation home.

09/01/2011

(Photo credit: Oren Liebermann, CBS 3)

2 Tenants Above Upper Darby Store Die From Carbon Monoxide

Investigators in Delaware County believe a generator running without any ventilation is to blame for the carbon monoxide deaths of two men.

04/29/2011

(Credit: Getty Images)

5 Workers Overcome By Carbon Monoxide At New Jersey Farm

Five workers at a southern New Jersey farm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

03/13/2011

Ambulance

Philadelphia Man Dies From Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Officials say a Philadelphia man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unconscious in his home.

02/01/2011

carbon-monoxide-detector

Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Warns Of ‘Silent Killer’ Carbon Monoxide

Philadelphia’s Fire Commissioner is renewing his call for residents to have a carbon monoxide detector in their homes.

01/03/2011

previous

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 33,990 other followers