Eye 3 Yellow 3d 2 new logo Philly_KYW_new Philly_94WIP_new CBS Sports Radio 610 Philly_WPHT_new

Carbon Monoxide

(credit: George Frey/Getty Images)

2 Sickened By Carbon Monoxide In New Castle County

Two people were transported to the hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning after reportedly using a grill to heat their home.

02/13/2014

(credit: Chopper 3)

Center City Apartment Building Evacuated For Carbon Monoxide

The incident was reported shortly before 9:30 p.m. Monday at 13th and Lombard Streets.

02/10/2014

(credit: Chopper 3)

4 Sickened, Including Child By Carbon Monoxide In Horsham

It happened shortly before 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the unit block of Loggers Mill Road in Horsham.

02/06/2014

(Credit: Getty Images)

Health: Carbon Monoxide Cases Rise In Our Area In Wake Of Storm

An undetected threat is growing in our area. With widespread power outages, the number of carbon monoxide cases is growing.

02/06/2014

(Graphic by Ed Fischer)

On Heels Of Power Outages, Carbon Monoxide Shows Its Dangers

Across the Delaware Valley, around 50 people have been sickened by carbon monoxide fumes as of Thursday afternoon, with Chester County leading the way.

02/06/2014

(credit: Chris May)

Chester County Hospitals See Dozens Of Patients With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Chester County Emergency Management says so far they have 25 cases, including the seven mentioned above, of carbon monoxide poisoning.

02/06/2014

(The firehouse for Engine 66, in Roxborough.  File photo by Aaron Mott, used with permission)

Roxborough Firehouse Remains Closed By Unexplained Fumes

Engine company 66, in Roxborough, remains closed while investigators trace the source of toxic fumes that sickened some firefighters.

01/02/2014

(Credit: Thinkstock)

3 Hospitalized Following Carbon Monoxide Leak In Philadelphia

Firefighters were called to the home in the 4900 block of North Warnock Street around 6 a.m. on Tuesday.

11/05/2013

(credit: CBS3)

Bucks County Family Of 4 Believed To Have Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning is responsible for the deaths of a family of four whose bodies were found at a Bucks County home late Monday night.

04/16/2013

carbon-monoxide-detector

Pottstown Apartments Evacuated After Possible Carbon Monoxide Leak

It was around 5:30 a.m. Monday when authorities were called to the North Apartments in Pottstown for the report of a possible carbon monoxide leak.

12/24/2012

Generator

Carbon Monoxide To Blame For Grandfather’s Death, Hospitalization Of 2 Other Family Members

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, there’s been another deadly case of carbon monoxide poisoning from a portable generator. A little girl is hospitalized, her grandfather is dead, two others in the family barely survived.

11/02/2012

(A gasoline-powered portable electric generator.  File photo)

After Hurricane Sandy, Hospitals See Spike in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Danger from the storm didn’t end when the wind and rain died down. Some injuries occur in the aftermath.

11/01/2012

policelight

90-Year-Old Woman Found Dead Inside Montgomery County Home

A 90-year-old woman was found dead in her Montgomery County home Tuesday night.

10/30/2012

(Students at Brown Elementary were evacuated to a church across the street.   Credit: Mike DeNardo)

Carbon Monoxide At Philadelphia School Sends Dozens Of Students To Hospital

An elementary school in Mayfair was evacuated and dozens of students were taken to the hospital following a carbon monoxide leak on Tuesday morning.

10/09/2012

(Residential carbon monoxide detectors are available at hardware stores for under $35.   File photo)

With Rise of CO Poisoning Cases, Red Cross Urges Detectors For All Homes

Dave Schrader, spokesman for the local Red Cross, says the organization has responded to a handful of calls within the past month — the most recent one when carbon monoxide fumes chased a family from their home on Wednesday night in Coatesville.

02/02/2012

more