March is colon cancer awareness month. It’s the second leading cause of cancer death, even though it’s very preventable.
Local researchers are trying to find out what the medical community can do to encourage people to get screened for colorectal cancer, because screening saves lives.
There are two types of tests that doctors can order to either screen for conditions or diagnose a problem or illness.
It is called a DNA methylation test, and some are saying it could revolutionize the screening for colon cancer.
- Review Of Philadelphia Police Policies Gets Underway
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...