Camden Police Department
After two years of battles, some of them ugly, Camden has seen its police force transition from city to county control.
It’s hoped that the new “Academy of Law and Public Safety” will provide recruits to the new countywide police force.
Camden County’s park police will be going out of business and its 13 officers, joining the new Metro Division of the County Police Department, will soon patrol the streets of Camden.
Camden County put out what FOP head John Williamson calls a “take it or leave it” offer a couple of weeks ago, with a January 31st deadline.
There was no debate during the special meeting. The vote was 6-1.
The City of Camden, NJ has received the go-ahead to lay off all of its uniformed police officers, in a step toward creating a new, county-run police force.
Authorities in Camden County say a pregnant woman was wounded after a shooting that took place in Camden, New Jersey Friday.
Officials in Camden, NJ have shared their plan to transition the Camden Police Department from a city-run to a county-run organization.
A federal judge has sentenced a former Camden, NJ police officer to 20 months in prison for his role, along with three other cops, in planting evidence on drug defendants.
Camden, long among the nation’s poorest and most crime-ridden, is on the verge of dismantling its police department and starting anew with a force run by the county government.
This city, long among the nation’s poorest and most crime-ridden, is on the verge of dismantling its police department and starting anew with a force run by the county government.
City activists rallied on Tuesday to fight the proposed Camden Metro Police Division.
The “show cause” hearing before Judge Daustino Fernandez-Vina pitted opponents of the regionalized police force against those in favor of it, including Camden mayor Dana Redd.
Chris talks about the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, and the increase in domestic violence in Camden, NJ. He talks to Michael Bronstein and Jeff Roe on the Monday Morning Matchup about Obama’s dog eatting comments. He also speaks with Congressman Jon Runyan about the Red Meat Tour Stop and Phillies Manager Charlie Manuel.
Lou Cappelli, leader of the county freeholders, questions the credibility and motive of those who distributed the petitions.
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Burned Kitten Fights For His Life As Authorities Continue To Search For Suspect
- Chris Christie's Wife: He'd Make A Good President
- State-Wide Ribbon Cutting Marks Opening Of Jersey Shore Season
- Paper Urges New Jersey Governor Christie To Make Rebuilt Beaches Free
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta