View a list of job fairs taking place now through the end of 2011 in the Philadelphia region.
On the agenda in Philadelphia City Council this fall: at least two new plans to ease the tax burden for businesses in the city.
New Jersey businesses would be spared a sudden major boost in the unemployment tax under legislation that calls for it to be phased in to help restore the state’s depleted unemployment insurance fund.
Top city leaders, including planners and hospitality officials as well as small business people gathered this week to discuss the state of Philadelphia.
They were looking for “transformative ideas’ to impact jobs and the quality of life in the city.
With the decline of a unionized workforce in this country and growing efforts at union-busting, how is the organized labor movement faring in our region?
A national anti-union movement is trying to reduce the influence of public employees unions, including here in Pennsylvania.
New Jersey’s governor is proposing a new statewide teacher tenure plan, something the teachers’ union says is part of a national movement to break up public unions.
Union membership has dropped steeply since the 1980s, because of forces such as globalization, new technology, and the shift from a manufacturing to a service economy. Now public-sector unions are under attack, too, and the future of organized labor hangs in the balance.
Residents in an Upper Darby neighborhood are signing petitions, vowing to oppose a plan by a neighbor to run a firearms business from his home in the 700 block of Derwyn Road.
Philadelphia got some unwanted national attention this past summer after reports that the city was going after bloggers for business income. Now, a city councilman proposes changing the law to give the bloggers a break.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...