Lisselox Veloz has a 3.0 grade point average and school officials say she has never been in trouble before, but last week the 16-year-old was arrested and suspended from Swenson Arts and Technology High School.
A group of local performers will get together to take a stance against bullying during a family friendly concert at a South Philadelphia high school Saturday night.
A 12-year-old Delaware County boy, who was punched during an altercation at school in what his family calls a bullying incident, has died of his injuries.
Chris discusses the “Gang of Eight’s” proposal on immigration reform, the continued drama surround whether or not Beyonce lip-synched the inauguration at last weeks Presidential Inauguration, the Boy Scouts re-consideration of their policy banning gays, and accusations against New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez that he hired an illegal immigrant as an intern and travelled to the Dominican Republic to have sex with prostitutes. He also talks to Author Chris DeRose about his book, Lincoln: The Early Years.
“No Name Calling Week” is designed to bring awareness to the effects of bullying, both short-term and long-term and there is one local organization determined to eradicate it all together.
Research out of Yale University finds that although overweight and obese adolescents are most often bullied by friends and peers, a significant numbers of them are also bullied by adults.
When does someone have the right to say something mean, and when have they violated laws against bullying?
While there are laws to protect children against bullies, there are no anti-bullying laws that protect adults from those who choose to be mean-spirited or hurtful.
A New Jersey woman who says her 9-year-old daughter was bullied took matters into her own hands and confronted one of the students she says harassed the girl.
Rabbi Jerry David of Temple Emanuel stopped by with information on an Anti-Bullying Expo.
Anyone who’s ever worked with a bully knows how awful it can be but is verbal abuse on the job illegal?
Being the victim of a relentless bully can be a distraction and even a danger to kids. As a parent, it is important to recognize the signs of bullying, know how to talk to your children about bullies and establish an appropriate reaction to a bully situation.
What can you do if someone creates a fake Facebook profile of you, and neither the school nor the police will get involved? One Georgia teen has taken a novel approach.
Legislation has been introduced in Trenton to enhance what is considered the nation’s strongest anti-bullying law by speeding up the penalty process when adults are involved.
A new rigorous study from Mathematica and Stanford University looked at outcomes when schools used Playworks, a national nonprofit currently providing healthy recess and safe playtime in 23 cities nationwide.
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- New Jersey Changes Handicapped Parking Program
- Caught On Tape: Gunman Opens Fire Inside Strip Club With AK-47
- Constitution Center Deal Will Bring an Original 'Bill of Rights' to Philadelphia
- Chester County Man Charged In ‘Execution’ Murder Of Long-Time Girlfriend
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...