With jobs in manufacturing on the rise across the country, Mayor Michael Nutter has created a task force to find ways Philadelphia can jump on that bandwagon.
The Council hearing came one day after the administration decided to continue the legal battle and appeal the arbitration award in Commonwealth Court.
Firefighters opposed to the plan packed Council chambers today as councilmembers Jim Kenney, Bobby Henon, and Mark Squilla questioned Commissioner Ayers firsthand about the transfer policy.
Joe Syrnick of the Schuylkill River Development Corporation said the final legislation should satisfy both environmentalists and developers.
A city council committee today debates a plan from the Nutter Administration to boost the penalties for riding all terrain vehicles in parks and on sidewalks.
“It becomes a domino effect, where you have one problem property turning in to an entire block of problem properties,” an economist testified. “And then, there goes the neighborhood.”
The trash on Marsden Street in the Northeast used to be a problem only for Tacony and 6th District Councilman Bobby Henon.
Councilman Henon is now asking people in his district to report nuisance properties and absentee landlords. His website has a map of properties of homes that have multiple license and inspection violations.
Philadelphia has strict rules on setting out trash at the curb, but a councilman says those rules should be relaxed for senior citizens.
Two city council members want to make it easier to fight City Hall — by letting people contest parking tickets and other citations without having to show up in person.
Philadelphia City Council chambers were packed on Thursday morning as the lawmakers launched their 2012 legislative session.
When Philadelphia City Council convenes its 2012 legislative session this morning, it’ll have a very different look, with new leadership and six new members. But the biggest issues are anything but new.
In Philadelphia, where Democratic registrations outpace Republicans by a 6-1 margin, several City Council races wrapped up quickly on Election Night.
Mark Squilla and Bobby Henon appeared headed toward commanding victories in their respective Philadelphia City Council primary races.
Another candidate for Joan Krajewski’s Northeast Philadelphia City Council seat has tossed his hat into the ring.
- Local Nonprofit Group Helping Student Athletes Get Screened For Cardiac Problems
- Family of Young Kidnap Victim Plans to Sue Phila. School District
- Parents Of Missing College Student From Montgomery County Make Emotional Plea For Son's Return
- Duckling Rescue Stops Traffic In Montgomery County
- Main Line House Cleaner Sentenced In Theft of Historic Franklin Bust
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...