Board Of Trustees
The family of former Penn State coach Joe Paterno has endorsed three candidates for the university’s Board of Trustees who have the backing of an alumni group that has been critical of how school leaders handled the aftermath of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
The latest election for Penn State trustee members may serve as another barometer of how well the university is recovering from scandal in the minds of alumni.
The new leader of Penn State’s Board of Trustees pledged Friday to create safe environments at the university system’s campuses and follow through on strengthening institutional oversight in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal.
The Community College of Philadelphia’s Board of Trustees has some new members, including the mayor.
The Penn State Board of Trustees held a conference call on Sunday evening to talk about the tough sanctions imposed on the school and football program after the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal.
A Penn State trustee has told the NCAA that he intends to appeal college sports governing body’s strict sanctions on the university for the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
The Penn State board of trustees will meet Wednesday afternoon to discuss whether President Rodney Erickson had the authority to agree to unprecedented NCAA sanctions against the football program without first getting the board’s approval, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting.
Penn State’s board of trustees promised a “more active, structured and robust oversight role” in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal to make sure the school never again permits a predator to roam free on its campus, the school’s chairwoman said Friday.
Joe Paterno and other top Penn State officials hushed up child sex abuse allegations against Jerry Sandusky more than a decade ago for fear of bad publicity, allowing the former assistant football coach to prey on other youngsters, according to a scathing report issued Thursday on the scandal.
Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and his wife donated $100,000 last month to Penn State, money that was split between a library and an undergraduate fellows program that bear the family name.
Penn State’s board of trustees is dominated by a few wealthy and well-connected insiders, demands permanent secrecy, silences dissent and is in dire need of reform, according to a scathing critical essay by a retired trustee seeking to return to the board.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...