From barrel staves to barn doors, whenever people, snow and hills are thrown together for an awesome downward plunge, anything that will slide will suffice. Here’s where and how to find the world of snow tubing.
Snow has affected both the Philadelphia International Airport and Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Blue is a versatile mountain which was designed and carved by winter sports pioneer Ray Tuthill, who envisioned an area that would emulate some of the mountain contours and skiing amenities found on the loftier peaks of the American Rockies.
From your local park to the Poconos, the Philadelphia area offers endless options for snowy sport and leisure.
In the past, few people could envision amputees, the blind or people with developmental disabilities being able to ski. But the early seventies changed all that. Today, it’s called “Adaptive Skiing.”
Our region is endowed with first class ski schools that have even sent Pennsylvania youngsters to America’s Olympic ski team.
Where can new parents find child care that transitions their little ones to the slopes? Here are some options.
A rip-roaring morning spent on the mountain shredding snow and hitting the bumps doesn’t have to give way to slopeside slops at lunchtime.
Bargain fever has hit the nearby slopes, and discount skiing and snowboarding have become the norm. That is, if you know where and when to look.
From the foothills of the Pocono Mountains just north of Allentown to central Montgomery County where generations of skiers made their first turns, the region is alive with snow sports action. Here’s what’s new for the upcoming season at the three area resorts closest to home.
Now is the time to make a winter dream come true for anyone who just can’t get enough of skiing and snowboarding. Jay Lloyd describes how you can work and play at the same time.
The navigation aid company TomTom used its database to measure distances between exits on the nation’s highways and two of the longest stretches are in Western Pennsylvania.
Once upon a time, in a previous century, ski areas were the exclusive province of skiers. Then ski area operators realized they were sitting on a summertime treasure that was lying dormant.
This weekend, a celebrated Pocono Mountains event marks 20 years of captivating audiences. But it has a new name and a new venue.
Blue Mountain, just 17 miles north of Allentown is the closest major Pocono Mountain ski and snowboard resort to the Delaware Valley.
- Car Carrier Crashes Into Low Clearance Bridge In Whitemarsh
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Source: Federal Funds Might Be Made Available For Philadelphia Schools
- Pennsylvania Senate Republicans Unveil Liquor Reform Proposal
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...