The FBI says firearms dealers nationwide swamped call centers with nearly 155,000 required buyer background check requests, a roughly 20-percent increase from last year’s previous one-day record.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, but that doesn’t mean holiday shoppers have missed the best deals of the season. 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan looks at some other dates to keep in mind too.
After all the hype regarding Walmart employees’ discontent with their employer and the threat of a strike on Black Friday, the long holiday weekend was saw banner sales and virtually no protest at Walmarts.
Instead of hitting the mall on Black Friday, some folks opted to hit the ice at the season opening of the Blue Cross RiverRink.
Many people say they wait until a couple of weeks before Christmas to make sure the tree stays fresh.
They’re are upset over labor issues and this year’s Thanksgiving night store opening at 8 p.m. They’re also demanding the retailer increase pay and benefits.
There’s a new twist on Black Friday this year. Businesses are using much more social media to promote their sales.
Early morning shoppers packed shopping malls for Black Friday sales, including in King of Prussia.
The U.S. Geological Survey’s website says a 2.1-magnitude earthquake was measured near Clementon, about 15 miles southeast of Philadelphia in Camden County.
All across the country, die-hard shoppers have been camping out in order to be first in line for Black Friday.
The workers aren’t unionized, but have gotten a lot of attention to their grievances on social media.
The District Attorney’s Office and Philadelphia Police Department want to remind shoppers and employees to be safe during the holiday shopping season.
In less than 36 hours, the leftover turkey will be in the fridge, the pies will be put away, and bargain hunters will already be out in force in search of everything from door busters to fantastic freebies.
Malls in the Philadelphia suburbs are getting ready for what retailers hope will be a busy Black Friday.
You’ve got a shopping list, your wallet is at the ready — but don’t forget your smartphone this Black Friday — you could be missing out on deals.
- Pot-Legalization Group Relocates Outside US Courthouse After 2 Arrests
- Philadelphia Orchestra Prepares For Trip To China, 40th Anniversary Tour
- Police: Suspect Dragged Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Philadelphia Hosts US Mayors For Discussion on Technology and Government
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta