The jury, now deliberating, must decide if Frank Tepper went on duty when he left his house to address a nearby confrontation, and whether the city’s failure to fire him after earlier incidents of misconduct caused the murder.
Two witnesses have testified about a 1995 incident in which Officer Frank Tepper allegedly attacked them because they spoke with his wife on the street.
The suit seeks millions in damages. But, the city contends former officer Frank Tepper was off-duty when he intervened in a dispute outside his home and shot 21-year-old Billy Panas.
There’s been heartbreaking testimony in the trial of a former Philadelphia police officer charged with murdering a young man during a Port Richmond neighborhood fight in 2009.
- Christie: Great Progress Made But Until Folks Are Back In Homes It’s Not Where I Want It To Be
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Ribbon Cutting To Open Jersey Shore For Memorial Day Weekend Makes Guinness Book Of World Records
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...