Rob Dubow, the mayor’s finance director, argued against raising the city’s “U&O” business tax and in favor of boosting taxes on liquor and cigarettes.
This brings a sickening feeling to the Philadelphia councilman who tried but failed to get the measure approved here.
City Council members say their own analysis of new property assessments points to the great need for relief measures for those hit hardest by rising property values.
“I’m very disappointed,” said city councilman Bill Greenlee, who tried but failed to get the 12 votes needed to override Mayor Nutter’s veto.
Filming interrogations takes more than sticking a camera on a tripod, Ramsey told councilman Bill Greenlee during budget hearings.
Last year’s two-day “Made in America” festival during the Labor Day weekend drew thousands, and according to city officials provided a big boost to the local economy with hotel and restaurant bookings.
Council’s attempt to override the veto will not come until next week, if at all.
The prime sponsor of mandatory sick leave, Councilman Bill Greenlee, is one vote short of the twelve votes he would need to override the expected veto from Mayor Nutter: “I’m still working on making sure we have the twelve votes.”
The lines are clearly drawn on this controversial issue, and a coalition of groups has delivered 60,000 signatures urging Council to, as they put it, “stand with families, not corporate lobbyists.”
Philadelphia City Councilman Bill Greenlee is once again trying to get the “Healthy Families and Workplaces” bill passed.
After a day-long hearing, a Philadelphia City Council committee hasapproved a bill that forces local businesses to offer workers paid sick leave.
A city council committee was not horsing around when its members approved the first-ever regulations on keeping a horse as a pet in Philadelphia.
As City Council opens its 2013 session this morning, the lawmakers will find an old controversy is back.
A Philadelphia city councilman insists he’s not horsing around in introducing new regulations to cover when a resident keeps a horse at their house.
Schwartz served one term on City Council, from 1984 until 1988. But he is remembered as well for his work promoting neighborhood activism.
- Police Release Surveillance Video Of Suspect In Fatal Stabbing Of Fruit Vendor
- Cherry Hill Country Club Sold For $10.1 Million
- CBS Philly Stations Kick Off The Summer Live From Atlantic City
- 3 On Your Side: Homes Selling That Weren't On The Market
- Survey Finds Philadelphia-Area Residents Eager To Revisit South Jersey Shore
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...