There’s a lot of Philadelphia in the new design, from Ben Franklin to Independence Hall, the Declaration of Independence, and the Liberty Bell. But it’s really all about thwarting counterfeiters.
By John McDevitt PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A billboard near the Benjamin Franklin Bridge is preventing construction of a high-rise apartment building at 2nd and Race streets in Old City. Many are wondering why the billboard […]
All the Franklinias that exist today came from the seeds of trees the Bartrams discovered in Georgia. They planted them in their Philadelphia gardens and named the new trees after Ben Franklin.
When completed, the new Benjamin Franklin Museum will be underground — below the area known as “Franklin Court,” just off Fourth and Market Streets.
An unveiling ceremony will take place Saturday at 10:00 a.m. on Market Street between 2nd and 3rd honoring the site of the first volunteer company in the nation. The Union Fire Company got its start in 1736 by Ben Franklin and others.
- Future Of Municipal Broadband Discussed As Mayor's Summit Concludes
- Princeton Puts 'Great Gatsby' Manuscript Online
- Police Asking Motorists To Avoid Erial Road In Camden County Due To Oil Spill
- Meehan Talks To Local Vets About Combatting Sexual Assault In The Military
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Donald Rumsfeld About His New Book
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta