A South Jersey shore town is looking at ways to keep more of its sand on the beach.
Ocean City residents who live in the shore community’s south side plan to pack a Thursday evening council meeting to find out what local officials plan to do to fix the non-existent beach and dunes that they say threaten their homes.
As Jersey shore towns spend millions to rebuild boardwalks wrecked by Superstorm Sandy, some are opting for an additional layer of protection in the form of steel sea walls. But some environmentalists and scientists say the hard barriers actually worsen erosion as waves scour sand at the base of the walls.
Many New Jersey beach towns will need beach replenishment funds following Superstorm Sandy. If legislation sponsored by state Senator Michael Doherty and state Senate President Steve Sweeney becomes law, storm damaged towns that accept federal replenishment funds must provide free beach access and public toilet facilities.
Devastation doesn’t begin to cover the scene in the Brick Township section of the barrier island over the Mantoloking Bridge. It looks like a war zone; homes here lost the battle with Sandy.
With little to do to pass the time after Hurricane Sandy, Kathleen Mullen decided to go for a walk with her family. What she stumbled upon on the Henry Hudson Trail has kept her busy for well over a week.
Now that we’ve gotten our first jolt of winter and crave a change, how about splurging on a getaway from Philadelphia to an island called St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands?
According to authorities, the Cape May Health Department notified Ocean City at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday that it was safe for bathers to return to the water.
There’s been a spike in the number of beach and ocean injuries this summer at the Jersey Shore.
Emergency crews were called out to the beach in Atlantic City where someone reportedly drowned Thursday afternoon.
Find out more information about salt water taffy and James Candy here.
A 34-year-old man was arrested and charged for stealing a woman’s purse at the beach on Monday morning, according to Atlantic City police.
When they tire of splashing in the waves, many children enjoy digging in the sand, but local shore town officials are always mindful of just how deep those craters on the beach get, because they know the dangers they pose.
What could be better than yoga on the beach? The Yoga Center of Medford spoke on Talk Philly about this unique offering.
Sand, sun and surf. The things we love about the beach can wreak havoc on our electronic devices. 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan has some advice to keep your gadgets safe.
- 'Fuel Your Passion For Fashion' With New Package At Philadelphia Hotel
- Culinary Scene Down The Shore Explodes This Summer
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Burned Kitten Fights For His Life As Authorities Continue To Search For Suspect
- Chris Christie's Wife: He'd Make A Good President
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta