With two weeks to go before scheduled summer recess, state lawmakers face an imposing agenda that includes a new budget and several major pieces of legislation, including liquor privatization and transportation funding.
Putting an upper deck on the Schuylkill Expressway isn’t a far-fetched idea
“The turnpike, quite frankly, isn’t going to survive if this continues,” Pennsylvania auditor general Jack Wagner told legislators.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation says it will deploy the double-lane plows on highways in Montgomery County this year, and the turnpike will use them along the entire east-west line.
Pennsylvania’s transportation secretary is raising the possibility that Governor Tom Corbett may not make his much-anticipated proposal on transportation funding that was expected this fall.
As expected, Pennsylvania governor Tom Corbett’s “Transportation Funding Commission” has recommended increasing fuel taxes and vehicle fees to raise new money for roads, bridges, and mass transit.
Governor Corbett will form a task force to study ways of funding the state’s roads, bridges, and mass transit. But, while the Governor does not favor simply imposing tolls on highways as they currently exist, tolls could be part of the solution.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...