More than 1,000 people were injured, mostly from broken glass, when a space rock exploded in the Earth’s atmosphere about 30-40 miles above Russia on Friday.
Scientists say an asteroid will pass closer to Earth today than any other they’ve ever tracked. Though “close” is in cosmic terms, and they say it’s not related to the meteorites in Russia.
This evening at 6:28PM, Asteroid 2005 YU-55 zoomed by Earth and had astronomers and observers in a frenzy. What makes this asteroid so special is that it passed closer to Earth than anything else that’s passed in a very long time.
An asteroid the size of an aircraft carrier is passing close to the Earth this evening, but amateur astronomers may have a hard time seeing it about 6:30, when it would be visible, because of the brightness of the nearly full moon.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...