According to the Humane Society of the United States, animal abuse and cruelty can either be deliberate – by perpetrating the action – or by neglect. Either way it should be reported.
Area animal shelters are behind legislation making its way through the state legislature in Harrisburg that would make it easier for them to care for animals seized in hoarding cases.
A custody battle over Obie the overweight dachshund made news recently, but most people don’t know: what is the definition of animal cruelty?
Philadelphia police say surveillance video shows Yu Zhen throwing and catching kittens by their tails at his restaurant in the 4900 block of Old York Road.
Authorities say Charles Charen and Erica Cannella brought four-month-old “Bella” to the SPCA a week after she suffered her injuries.
The Pennsylvania SPCA says that due to a recent rise in animal cruelty cases, it is planning a rally against animal abuse at its headquarters at 350 E Erie Avenue.
By Michelle Durham ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (CBS) — Owners of the Steel Pier in Atlantic City have announced that they are bringing back the diving horse act, but not everyone is happy about it. Valerie […]
In this country, shooting a whale is a crime, punishable by fines and jail time.
The Chester County SPCA is asking for the public’s help in finding who is responsible for maiming, killing and dumping several kittens at a home in Coatesville.
Report animal abuse whenever and wherever you witness it. If you see a dog in distress, contact the PSPCA or the Women’s Humane Society.
A 33-year-old Philadelphia man pleads no contest and is sentenced to two to seven years in prison for burning his Pit Bull puppy to punish it. The defendant admitted in court he took out his troubles including a custody battle on the dog.
By Carol Erickson: The horrifying story of Chico….what more can be said…cruelty takes so many sickening forms. Animals are the defensless targets so often, and so often this cruelty is unseen and thus isn’t reported. Elections […]
Charges were filed against a South Philadelphia homeowner who was hoarding more than 80 Chihuahuas and other mixed dogs.
A Montgomery County, Pa. woman has pleaded guilty to fourteen summary counts of animal cruelty after 37 cats and kittens were found dead inside her Blue Bell home last month.
by KYW’s Nan Talleno According to the Humane Society of the United States, animal abuse and cruelty can either be deliberate by perpetrating the action or by neglect, by failing to care for an animal […]
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...