While it is reported that 94% or more of African-Americans support President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney in the upcoming national presidential election, the rarely-spoken question is: Are many African-Americans only voting for Obama because he’s black?
The media keeps suggesting that the racism regarding candidates has to do with whites not wanting to vote for a black man, even though Barack Obama won a presidential election with a great amount of white support in 2008. What the media isn’t talking about is the NBC-Wall Street survey results which say that there are basically no black supporters for the Caucasian candidate, Mitt Romney, in 2012.
Many who supported Obama in 2008 did so because they believed that he would help black Americans. The criticism four years later is that having a black president in the White House hasn’t helped African Americans at all.
With Black History Month upon us, Philadelphians won’t struggle to find special programming, events and venues that are celebrating.
The two churches that started what has become known as the Black Church Movement in America united for a historic worship service Sunday morning at St. Thomas Episcopal Church on Lancaster Avenue.
“Culture Ambassador to the World” Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater continues the celebration of the 50-year anniversary of Alvin Ailey’s classic Revelations with performances at The Academy of Music February 26th and 27th.
President Obama has been campaigning hard in heavily democratic cities like Philadelphia to rally the African-American vote.
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...