The National Youth Tobacco Survey looked at middle and high school students use of smokeless tobacco and found it increased significantly in the 15 to 17-year-old age group.
Researchers followed adolescents from ages 14 to 18. More sleep was associated with a reduction in average BMI.
There is an interesting report from the University of Virginia looking at more than 170 young adults, from age 13 to 23, to study the long-term effects of teenage behaviors.
Acne affects 40 to 50 million people of all ages and races. There is help.
A new study has identified, for the first time, specific strains of bacteria associated with pimples as well as others strains that may protect skin.
It turns out that telling kids to be nice really works. In a study believed to be the first intervention of preteen prosocial behaviors, findings showed that doing good for others could increase happiness and improve peer relations.
According to the CDC, one in four teens between the ages of 14 and 19 has been exposed to a sexually transmitted disease. Now the statistics are startling, but it’s an important message that needed to get out.
New research finds that when teenagers detail their angst in a blog, the therapeutic value is even better than writing to ‘dear diary’.
One of the biggest sources of drug abuse for teenagers might surprise you. It is prescription and over the counter abuse.
by KYW’s medical editor Dr. Brian McDonough Starting school just a half-hour later may make teens cheerier and more motivated according to researchers at the University of Rhode Island.
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Local Eagle Scout Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Still May Generate Disconnect
- Corbett Says Latino Comment Taken Out Of Context
- Campbell Soup Buys Organic Baby Food Company
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta