Black History Month 2012
For the third year in a row, CBS Philly celebrates Black History Month by highlighting five creative ambassadors in Philadelphia.
Reported by Cherri Gregg
Known as “Philly’s Rock Star,” Curt Chambers is a singer, Grammy-nominated songwriter, and musician.
Once a contestant on the TV show “Project Runway,” graphic designer Kristin Haskins Simms is the founder and designer of the fashion line Strangefruit.
Tina Dunham, a.k.a. “DJ Diamond Kuts,” has toured with artists like Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj, is a DJ on Philly’s Power 99, and a host on BET’s, “The Deal.”
Entrepreneur KeVen Parker is most known for his soul food establishment “Ms. Tootsie’s,” is branching out with a lifestyle boutique and a hotel of lavish, extended-stay suites.
Vidal Davis is one-half of the dynamic, Grammy-winning producing duo Dre & Vidal. The pair has played a significant role in keeping Philly’s name on the musical map.
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...