Baseball Insider With Seth Everett
Sunday marked the 10th anniversary of a day that changed the world forever. There are so many reports about how the sports world handled the occasion, yet I don’t think there is enough talk about how important Philadelphia was for baseball to begin the healing process 10 years ago.
The Phillies swept the Braves and now they have reduced their magic number to 12. I don’t think there is much debate left for the NL East, but this was a potential NLCS matchup in October.
Phillies swept the Braves, and have now reduced their magic number to 12. I don’t think there is much debate left for the NL East, but this was a potential NLCS matchup in October.
The Phillies got a big week off to a great start by simply dominating the Atlanta Braves 9-0 Monday night. Cliff Lee is on an amazing streak, and the path to another NL East Championship got even closer.
The Phillies had a 5-0 record this week after the Hurricanes cancelled Saturday and Sunday. On Friday, they moved to 42 games over .500 for the 1st time in franchise history. An impressive accomplishment, but let’s not pop champagne just yet.
Last night the Phillies played a tight 3-2 win over the Reds, and overshadowing the Victorino HR and the Madson save was the performance of Cole Hamels.
I have to admit, when I agreed to do this blog, I never thought I’d be writing about weather as much as I have in the last week. Hurricane Irene is descending on the Delaware Valley and the Phillies are hosting the Florida Marlins at Citizens Bank Park.
The topic about Cole Hamels is not about the disabled list. In this instance, the Philies are buying themselves a couple of days to figure out if he can really go, and get Pete Orr on the bench in the process.
I am one person who can’t stand rain delays. What took place over the weekend was frustrating, but there were some mistakes made that could have been avoided even if the rain couldn’t have been.
Phillies have taken 2 of 3 from the 1st place team in the NL West, the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Phillies haven’t played in a little under 3 days. As they get set to battle the upstart Arizona Diamondbacks, the teams they battle an average of 19 times a year have had some of the most bizarre controversies in baseball.
Despite the rainout on Sunday, the Phillies enjoyed a great weekend when they showcased their alumni.
I don’t like it when people think you are homer just because there are no negative things to say. Objectively, the accolades cannot stop pouring in for this Phillies team after they completed a franchise-best 9-1 road trip.
While I put most of the blame on Giants catcher Eli Whiteside, Darryl tells me how MLB would look at Shane Victorino, and how he deserves a lion’s share of the blame.
The reaction to my 6-man rotation idea was expectedly mixed. Staying up late watching Cliff Lee dominate the Giants gave me the idea to try another idea.
- Fun show 2day on @FoxSportsRadio. Good mix between fun stuff & serious stuff. Thanks 2 guests, callers, & new Twitter followers. Back Mon. 8 hours ago
- @Niki_Catherine @peach_and_black why is this 1 or the other? "Paint a perfect picture...." Bring 2 life a podcast & a #Spreecast. 9 hours ago
- RT @JRJShow: Need your morning baseball fix, #tunein now to the @Seth_Everett show . USA Today's own @BNightengale joins the show to talk e… 9 hours ago
- Haha! RT @joefav: 2 boys talking on way home last night "Do you know what "DC" stands for after Washington?" "Yes" "Da Capital!" 9 hours ago
- RT @JRJShow: Can Miguel Cabrera repeat his Triple Crown run this yr, @beckjason of MLB.com tells u next on the @Seth_Everett… 9 hours ago
Latest Phillies Galleries
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Phillie Phanatic Visits... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- WIP Morning Show, Phillies... New Food And Souvenirs At... MLB Preseason Power Rankings WIP Morning Show At Phillies...
- PHOTOS: Carlos Ruiz 2013 Phillies Ballgirls Athletes Who Wore #12 Angelo Cataldi’s Six Worst...