Spike was born and raised in Philadelphia, and has worked in Philadelphia radio since 1997.
Spike began his radio career at the legendary college station WJPZ while attending Syracuse University. While working in the sports department of JPZ, he fell in love with the music side of radio. An internship at WYSP kickstarted a career at the station that included working in the promotions department, a late night air talent and music director, and eventual midday air talent and assistant program director. Spike did the last show on 94WYSP before the station signed off in August of 2011. Spike also spent two years at Q101 in Chicago.
Spike Eskin joined 94WIP in January of 2012, and also serves as editor of the cbsphilly.com’s sports section, and a works as a sports reporter for KYW 1060.
Spike graduated from Episocal Academy in Lower Merion in 1994, and Syracuse University in 1998 with a degree in Broadcast Journalism. His father is Howard Eskin, but he’s asked that you not hold that against him.
Follow Spike on Twitter @SpikeEskin
Remaining members of Nirvana will reunite for the first time in 20 years, with Paul McCartney at the mic.
Is the Phillies huge investment in starting pitching a sound one?
Stone Cold Steve Austin was a no-show at WWE Raw 1000.
It’s not important what Doug Collins says, but what he does.
Andre Iguodala talks about the Olympics, and a match-up with the Dream Team.
Spike Eskin writes that Chase Utley’s silence about his injury didn’t really hurt the team.
Spike Eskin: If Anthony Davis Can Trademark The Unibrow, What Can Our Philly Athletes Trademark?
Ruben Amaro Jr. Says Ryan Howard Had Muscle Removed During Infection Procedure, Still Has ‘A Way To Go’
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard still needs strength because he had muscle removed during his infection procedure.
Paul Pierce had some complimentary things to say about the Sixers.
The Celtics Kevin Garnett called Sixers fans fair-weather, but should do some more research.
The Sixers welcome the Celtics in game 3 of their series, in what is sure to be a close, ugly affair.
Allen Iverson has a lot of great memories about the city of Philadelphia.
Hitting game winning free throws wasn’t the first time Andre Iguodala did something unexpected.
The one word that can describe Tuesday night in Philadelphia sports is ‘reality.’
It seems fitting that the man who was responsible for the first flicker of a rivalry between the Phillies and the Nationals, be the one who fans the flames.
- CBS Philly Stations Kick Off The Summer Live From Atlantic City
- 3 On Your Side: Homes Selling That Weren't On The Market
- Survey Finds Philadelphia-Area Residents Eager To Revisit South Jersey Shore
- Police Investigate 'Inappropriate Touching' Incident At West Philadelphia Elementary School
- Overturned Tractor Trailer Slowing Traffic On I-295 In Salem County
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...